We’ve found that a number of our CE National friends don’t know much about our high school ministry team, City Life. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about City Life and some specifics for the exciting things planned for 2019!
- What are the dates and locations for City Life 2019?
There will be two City Life teams in 2019, at two separate locations.June 1-8, City Life East will take place at the Urban Hope Training Center in Philadelphia. During the week of June 11-18, City Life West will be located at the Urban Hope Training Center in Los Angeles. (As needed, airport transportation will be provided to a designated airport for both arrivals and departures.) Students bring their own bedding and the team will use their UHTC location as home base.
- Who are the adult leaders for the two teams?
The administrative leaders for the East team are Dave & Carly Nicodemus. Dave serves as students pastor at Grace Polaris in Columbus, Ohio. City Life West takes place at Urban Hope Los Angeles, June 11-18. This team’s administrative leader is Margaret Olmedo, Los Angeles public school teacher and CE National board member. All of these have led multiple ministry teams for CE National, including Operation Barnabas, OBI, and past City Life teams. We are thrilled to have these experienced leaders on board for City Life 2019!
- What are the qualifications for City Life student team members?
For City Life 2019, we are looking for students that:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus
- Have completed 8th grade thru 12th by next summer
- Are actively involved in their own church/youth group
- Have a teachable spirit and willingness to learn and be challenged
- What is the support total for City Life and is that paid all at once?
The City Life support total for 2019 is $610. This includes a non-refundable confirmation deposit of $100. The deposit will secure the student’s spot on the team, so that needs to come in first once the student is accepted. The remaining balance is due sometime in mid-May.
- What do students need to do to apply?
Students need to fill out the online application and send the link to the online final church approval form to their pastor or youth pastor. The application deadline is April 1, 2019 and the sooner the student applies, the better!
See more information about City Life and access the online application at citylifetour.org.