Last week, Ed Lewis, executive director of CE National, headed “North of the Border” to present a CE National Honor to Bartley Sawatski, lead pastor of Renew Church in Mississauga, Ontario.
Read what Ed shared about Bartley and how he equips biblical leadership:
Bartley is a good example of 2 Timothy 2:2 in the leadership/discipleship process. He teaches reliable people who will teach other reliable people. He is a leader and positive example as he focuses on equipping the next leaders. Bartley uses creative teams and utilizes young pastors in leadership. That was his focus when he was executive director for the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches and that is what he is now doing in Canada.
I was glad to meet with Bartley’s staff and commend him for these four characteristics:
- Leadership — influencer, initiator, strategist, teacher, impactor
- Equipper — leading by example; Bartley wants to train people to take ownership.
- Visionary — Bartley sees the potential in what people could become. While Bartley led the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches he included these four areas in his strategy:
- Celebrate who we are.
- Collaborate with other believers using their spiritual gifts.
- Catalyze change and be open to new methodology.
- Commemorate those who have served before us.
- Bold — Bartley practices what he believes and is a doer of the Word and not just a hearer. (James 1:22). His methods are cutting-edge.
Congratulations, Bartley! Thank you for your heart for God and for others and may He continue to use you in great ways for kingdom purposes!