Students and adults from Brighton Chapel, Howe, Indiana, were at Urban Hope Philadelphia March 31-April 6. Urban Hope was privileged to not only have young people but to have four adults, including the Brighton Chapel senior pastor and the youth coordinator. The group served in several ways:
- Homeless ministry (food, prayer, etc.)
- Praying for people in restaurants.
- Talking with people during their free time.
- Spending time with God.
- Distributing books and Bibles to people in the area.
- Helping at Sunday Breakfast Mission.
- Helping at Whosoever Will Gospel Mission.
- Initiating games and many activities with children in Mifflin Park and learning how to engage with people from other cultures.
- Doing prayer walks.
- Riding the trains to 30th Street station and engaging in several conversations with people about God.
- Learning the importance of how to initiate conversations and share their life experiences with others.
- Blessing the Urban Hope ministry by doing projects with Urban Hope.
- Listening and taking serious notes of what they learned from the various training times and setting specific goals for how they will change when they return.
Thanks to Rustin Krapfl, Hayden Troyer, and the team for the good week.