You know about the ongoing discussion between Scripture and science, but have you heard about the most recent discoveries that are shaking the evangelical world? Studies of the human genome, which was mapped in 2003, have prompted many evangelical scientists and theologians to conclude that humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestry and that the initial human population included at least 10,000 people. There was no original Adam.
November 7 at CE National’s Russell Center from 10 am-3 pm.
Dr. Michael Wittmer will lead this Pastorpedia Live seminar to help you grasp this pivotal moment by examining the following questions.
- What do the claims of the Human Genome Project mean for the authority of Scripture, humanity, original sin, and salvation?
- What are some theological non-negotiables about creation and the fall that every Christian must believe?
- What is the best way to explain the situation to your people? How do we avoid drawing lines too narrowly and erecting barriers to faith, and drawing lines too broadly, leaving no faith to give up?
- How can we best help struggling Christians who believe they must choose between science and the Bible?
- Why is our culture and the church confused about gender and sexuality?
- How can we winsomely present the beauty and power of God’s design?